ITIL® 4 Specialist: IT Asset Management [P-4ITAM3]
The module “ITIL® 4 Specialist: IT Asset Management” is an extension of the ITIL® 4 qualification scheme and a specialization for IT professionals. Based on the ITIL® 4 framework, this module provides strategic and practical support in communicating the value of IT asset management to one’s organization, the key concepts applicable to it, but also the challenges often encountered in doing so.
This training enables you to:
- Know and maximize the value of your assets
- Define roles, responsibilities, competencies and capabilities in IT asset management
- Plan and manage the entire lifecycle of all IT assets
- Automate IT asset management sub-processes effectively
- Apply metrics and success factors for improvement
- Measure, evaluate and develop IT Asset Management capabilities by applying the ITIL maturity model
Professionals can apply these concepts to address financial and organizational challenges, control costs, manage and monitor risks, and ensure regulatory compliance. The guidance in this module will allow support staff to make effective decisions on the purchase, reuse, retirement, and disposal of IT assets, and to assess the sustainability of decommissioning and disposal.
- Know the key concepts and terms in IT Asset Management
- Know and apply the best practice value streams and processes that should be applied within IT Asset Management
- Know the different roles that should be performed within IT Asset Management
- Know the information that is handled within the ITAM practice and what technologies can be used to manage it
- Understand how partners and suppliers can support an organization within the ITAM practice
There are no formal prerequisites for this course.
Basic knowledge of ITIL® 4 is an advantage but not necessary.
If you are interested in the entire ITIL® topic, we recommend attending the ITIL 4 Foundation course before.
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited
- People who perform tasks in an organization within the IT Asset Management Practice
- Responsibles for planning and budgeting IT asset lifecycles
- Responsibles for the sustainable management of waste and prevention of eWaste in an organization
The ITIL® 4 Specialist IT Asset Management certificate is awarded by Peoplecert and Axelos.
The exam is currently only available in English and can only be taken online via Procter after completion of the course.
The exam fee is included in the course price.
The learning material is in English and is provided on Peoplecert’s learning platform.
The ITIL® 4 Specialist IT Asset Management material includes:
- Official eBook
- Learner workbook
- Quick reference guide (QRG)
- Sample exams
- Post course survey
Requests for an inhouse offer:
Early bird discount
If you book more than 4 months in advance, we offer you a discount of 10% on the course fee.
Motivate your environment. Already with 3 persons in the same course and simultaneous registration we grant interesting discounts on the course fees:
- 3 people on the same course date 10%
- 4 people on the same course date 15%
- 5 people on the same course date 20%
The discounts are not cumulative – the highest discount always applies.
We offer all onsite courses in hybrid mode. You have the possibility to participate remotely in the onsite trainings. Simply check the appropriate box when registering.