SRE Foundation (SREF)℠ [P-SREF2]
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) Foundation℠ is an independent certification of the DevOps Institute. You will learn the basic SRE concepts, principles and practices, as well as the associated basic SRE vocabulary.
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) is a discipline that incorporates SW engineering aspects to increase the reliability of infrastructure and business operations.
The SRE (Site Reliability Engineering) course Foundation℠ is an introduction to the principles and practices that enable an organization to deliver critical services reliably and economically. The course highlights the development of SRE and its future direction.
It provides participants with the practices, methods and tools they need to motivate employees throughout the organization concerned with reliability and stability by using real-life scenarios and case studies.
Upon completion of the course, participants will have tangible pointers that they can use when they return to the organisation, such as understanding, defining and measuring Service Level Objectives (SLOs). This course enables the learners to successfully complete the SRE Foundation certification exam.
The course is divided into 8 modules and covers the following topics:
- Module 1: SRE Principles & Practices
- Module 2: Service Level Objectives & Error Budgets
- Module 3: Reducing Toil
- Module 4: Monitoring & Service Level Indicators
- Module 5: SRE Tools & Automation
- Module 6: Anti-Fragility & Learning from Failure
- Module 7: Organizational Impact of SRE
- Module 8: SRE, Other Frameworks, The Future
- Getting to know the Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) approach and gaining a basic understanding
- Understand the interaction of SRE with DevOps and other popular frameworks
- Understand and apply Service Level Objectives (SLO) and Service Level Indicators (SLI)
- Apply continuous delivery as a central role in the use of SRE and present the tool landscape
- Presentation of SRE tools and automation technologies under consideration of security requirements
- Why organizations choose SRE and what organizational effects SRE has in companies
- No formal requirements
- Experience as a software developer, IT expert, scrum master or operations engineer is an advantage
- Anyone who is interested in modern IT management and organizational change approaches
- Business Manager
- Users of DevOps practices
- IT Manager
- Scrum Master
- Software Engineers
- System Integrators
To obtain the official SRE Foundation certificate, candidates must achieve the required minimum score of 65% from 40 multiple-choice questions.
Teaching materials in English.
SRE folder includes:
- Training slides
- Student workbook
- USB stick with slide show
- Other related material
Can also be held as an internal seminar for groups of 6 or more
Questions about this seminar or requests for an inhouse offer: email@example.com
Early bird discount
If you book more than 4 months in advance, we offer you a discount of 10% on the course fee
Motivate your environment. Already with 3 persons in the same course and simultaneous registration we grant interesting discounts on the course fees:
- 3 people on the same course date 10%
- 4 people on the same course date 15%
- 5 people on the same course date 20%
The discounts are not cumulative – the highest discount always applies.
We offer all onsite courses in hybrid mode. You have the possibility to participate remotely in the onsite trainings. Simply check the appropriate box when registering.