Observability Foundation℠ [P-OBSF2]
Observability describes the ability to assess and measure the internal state of a system based on its output values, i.e. sensor data. The “Observability Foundation” course provides practical knowledge for improving observability in cloud-native applications and microservices, including metrics, events, logs, distributed tracing, DevSecOps and AIOps, and concludes with a certification exam.
The following main topics are covered:
Module 1: Exploring observability
This module explores the basis of observability and explains the importance of its application in modern IT landscapes.
Module 2: Pillars of observability
This module explores the key pillars of observability and how they contribute to improving system tracking.
Module 3: Open source landscape for observability
This module provides an overview of the open source landscape for observability and how these resources can be utilised.
Module 4: Service Maps and Topology
In this module, participants will learn how service maps and topologies can be used to gain a better overview and understanding of systems.
Module 5: DataOps supports the right observability
Here participants learn how DataOps helps to get observability on the right track and gain valuable insights.
Module 6: Building observability with AIOps
This module deals with the integration of AIOps to increase observability and efficiency.
Module 7: Security and networks with observability
This module shows how observability plays a key role in security and networking.
Module 8: Observability practices for DevOps and SRE
Finally, observability practices for DevOps and Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) are covered to increase the effectiveness of operational processes.
The learning objectives of the Observability Foundation course are:
1. practical insights on how to successfully implement a thriving observability culture in your organisation.
2. understanding the underlying principles of observability and why monitoring alone is not sufficient in microservice-based, containerised environments.
3. knowledge of the three pillars of observability.
4. the use of open telemetry standards to seamlessly implement innovation and distributed tracing.
5. understanding of the observability maturity model and the ability to measure observability in practice.
6. the implementation of comprehensive observability at all levels and distributed tracing to foster a DevSecOps culture
7. the use of AI for proactive and predictive incident management and the application of DataOps to create a clean data lineage for observable data
8. the implementation of network and container-level observability and the importance of security in developing an observability culture
9. the importance of time-based topology and its added value for observability in distributed environments.
10. tackling data issues through a systematic approach (DataOps) to develop a clean observability pipeline.
11. the integration of DevSecOps insights into observability.
12. observability practices for DevSecOps and SRE
No formal requirements.
Attending the SRE Foundation training is recommended.
The target group includes professionals such as:
- Individuals focused on the scalability and reliability of large services
- Those who are interested in modern IT leadership and organisational change approchaes
- Business leaders and business stakeholders
- Change agents (change officers)
- DevOps practitioners
- IT directors
- IT managers
- IT team leaders
- Scrum masters
- Software engineers
- Site Reliability Engineers (SRE)
- System integrators
- Provider of AIOps platforms and tools
Observability Foundation, awarded by PeopleCert and DevOps Institute.
Exam is included in the course price and Open Book
The Observability course folder contains:
- Student Workbook
- Mock exams
Ebook (included in exam voucher)
Can also be held as an internal seminar for groups of 6 people or more.
Questions about this seminar or requests for an inhouse offer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Early bird discount
If you book more than 4 months in advance, we offer you a discount of 10% on the course fee
Motivate your environment. Already with 3 persons in the same course and simultaneous registration we grant interesting discounts on the course fees:
- 3 people on the same course date 10%
- 4 people on the same course date 15%
- 5 people on the same course date 20%
The discounts are not cumulative – the highest discount always applies.