ISO/IEC 20000 Foundation [P-I20F3]
Basic course in which the connection between the ISO/IEC 20000 standard and IT service management as well as best practices of IT service management for practical implementation are taught.
The internationally recognized standard and quality proof for IT service management is called ISO/IEC 20000, which is based on ITIL® and serves as the cornerstone of IT governance, while at the same time ensuring compliance with standards and security. The focus is on the continuous optimization of service quality and the adaptation of IT services to changing business requirements.
ISO/IEC 20000 consists of the following components:
- ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018 (Part 1) contains the formal specification of the standard and defines the requirements for a service management system.
- ISO/IEC 20000-2:2019 (Part 2) provides guidance on the implementation of service management systems and includes best practices for service management processes within ISO/IEC 20000-1.
- ISO/IEC TR 20000-3 (Part 3) contains guidance on the scope definition and applicability of Part 1.
Various other components supplement these three parts with instructions and information on specific aspects and areas of application of the standard.
In this Foundation Course you will learn the relationship between the ISO/IEC 20000 standard and IT Service Management and use the best practices of IT Service Management to implement appropriate methods within an organization.
- ISO 20000: Overview, terminology, processes and objectives
- Understanding the organization and its context
- Understanding the needs and expectations of interested parties
- Determine the scope of the Service Management System
- Leadership and Engagement
- Organizational roles, responsibilities and authorities
- Measures to deal with risks and opportunities
- Service management objectives and planning to achieve them
- Preparation for the formal audit (certification scheme)
- The role of service management toolsets in certification
- Suitability and scope of ISO 20000 certification
No formal requirements.
- IT Manager
- IT Service Management Employees
- IT Consultants
- Employees involved in the implementation of ISO20000
Teaching materials in English
ISO/IEC 20000 Foundation folder includes:
- Student workbook
- Trial exams
- ITSM & CMDB Overview Poster
The official ISO standards
“ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018 IT Service Management – Part 1: Specification” as well as “ISO/IEC 20000-2:2019 IT Service Management – Part 2: Code of practice”
can not be handed out for copyright reasons. The documents are available in the course. However, we recommend that you obtain these documents in advance and use them to prepare for the course.