ITSM Operations – Apollo13 [SIAPO1]
Highly interactive simulation, based on the Apollo 13 mission, in which the effect of processes and their compliance is experienced first hand.
The goal of Apollo 13, which was launched on 11 April 1970 as the third lunar mission, was to bring two more astronauts to the moon. But after Jim Lovell had sent his legendary radio message “Houston, we have a problem!” to Mission Control, this mission developed into probably the most unprecedented masterpiece in the cooperation of planning and execution personnel. And even today, companies, organizations and project teams can learn a lot from it for successful project and crisis management.
Welcome to Apollo 13 – ITIL case experience™. In this highly interactive simulation, you and your team will experience the effects of processes and their compliance at first hand. The simulation focuses on the following topics:
- Incident Management
- Problem Management
- Change Management
- Service Desk
- Profound insight into IT Service Management
- Practical implementation of ITIL® processes in concrete situations
- Recognize interactions between individual processes and what consequences these can have for the entire organization
- Recognize work processes
- How can a good concept improve the performance of the service department
- Effective teamwork and optimization of work processes through joint planning and implementation
- New insights, for further development of daily processes
No formal requirements.
Experience in service management and IT operations management would be an advantage.
- IT Manager
- SW Developer
- Project Manager
- IT Consultant
- IT Officers
- IT Coordinators
- IT employees with promotion potential
No certificate provided
A confirmation of participation will be issued.
We offer all onsite courses in hybrid mode. You have the possibility to participate remotely in the onsite trainings. Simply check the appropriate box when registering.