DevOps Simulation – The Phoenix Project [SIPHX1]
This simulation is aimed at companies that want to develop their culture in order to achieve better collaboration and thus a faster and error-free deployment of new IT solutions.
We all know the typical IT behavior and complaints about developers throwing seemingly untested solutions over the wall into production and leaving it to the business to get the solution up and running. On the other hand, we hear development complaining about the barriers that Operations has put in place that delay deployment.
In DevOps we speak of the ‘Three Ways’.
- The “First Way” focuses on the performance of the entire system, as opposed to the performance of a single silo. It increases the work flow (Valuestream) from left to right.
- The “Second Way” focuses on setting up feedback loops in the system from right to left – Shift Left!
- The “Third Way” is to create a culture that promotes two things: Continuous experimentation (with risk taking and learning) and the understanding that repetition and practice are the prerequisites for sustainable implementation.
- How can DevOps principles be applied in practice?
- How do you find the right balance between operation (meeting your SLA requirements) and project (implementing new requirements)?
- How can you learn how DevOps can add real value to your business?
- How can the efficiency and effectiveness of the IT department be increased?
- How can you create a better flow in the teams?
- How can you develop the skills of people to act in a DevOps environment?
- How can the company show its responsibility to make IT projects more successful?
No formal requirements
This simulation is aimed at all roles and employees in business, IT development and IT operations.
No certificate is provided.