Certified Information Security Manager® (CISM®)
With the Certified Information Security Manager® (CISM®) certification, IT professionals learn how to assess risks, implement effective governance and respond proactively to security incidents. This course prepares participants specifically for the CISM certification exam and provides relevant expertise in the field of information security.
The main topics of the CISM course cover the following six main areas:
- General information about the exam and certification
- Domain 1: Information Security Governance
– Introduction to information security governance
– Legal, regulatory and contractual requirements
– Organizational structures, roles and responsibilities
– Development of the information security strategy
– Frameworks and standards for information security governance
– Strategic planning
- Domain 2: Information security risk management
– Emerging risk and threat landscape
– Analysis of vulnerabilities and control deficits
– Risk assessment and analysis
– Risk treatment or risk response options
– Risk ownership and responsibility
– Risk monitoring and reporting
- Domain 3: Information Security Program Development and Management
– Resources of the information security program
– Identification and classification of information and assets
– Industry standards and frameworks for information security
– Information security policies, procedures and guidelines
– Information security program metrics
– Design and selection of security controls
– Management of the security program
– Operation of the security program
– IT service management
– Metrics and monitoring
- Domain 4: Information Security Incident Management
– Overview of security incident management
– Development of security incident response plans
– Response to security incidents
– Business continuity and disaster recovery planning
- Audit Practice / preparation & sample exams
The learning objectives of the CISM training programme include:
1. understanding the format and structure of the CISM certification exam
2. knowledge of the various topics and technical areas covered on the exam
3. practice with specific strategies, tips and techniques for passing the exam
4. opportunity to work on practice questions with subsequent analyses of the answers
The training aims to prepare participants for the CISM exam by providing them with a comprehensive understanding of the exam process, exam content and proven exam preparation strategies.
No formal requirements.
The CISM course is aimed at experienced information security managers and people with responsibilities in the area of information security management. This includes IT consultants, auditors, managers, security policy writers, data protection officers, information security officers, network administrators, security device administrators and security engineers. The course is ideal for those who have technical expertise and experience in IS/IT security and control and want to make the step from team member to manager. The CISM certification can build confidence and credibility when interacting with internal and external stakeholders, peers and regulators.
CISM – Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT, awarded by ISACA.
The CISM course folder contains:
- Student workbook
Training slides & Mock exams are included in the exam voucher
Can also be held as an internal seminar for groups of 6 people or more.
Questions about this seminar or requests for an inhouse offer: email@example.com
Early bird discount
If you book more than 4 months in advance, we offer you a discount of 10% on the course fee
Motivate your environment. Already with 3 persons in the same course and simultaneous registration we grant interesting discounts on the course fees:
- 3 people on the same course date 10%
- 4 people on the same course date 15%
- 5 people on the same course date 20%
The discounts are not cumulative – the highest discount always applies.